http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kindergarten Memories - A Prima Layout

(Please note that i've decided to bring a few small changes in my blog entries as of today in order to make their composition a little less time-consuming. I'm also in the process of working on a new and improved blog "header"! That should come soon!)

I had another few hours of fun this weekend, cat-sitting for my in-laws and playing with many fabulous Prima products to prepare for my DT application. A few years ago, I had done a layout with my old kindergarten pictures (pictures of me as a little girl are very rare!), but as it happens with a lot of my older scrapbooking projects, i just didn't like it anymore so i recycled the pictures and created a brand new double-page layout.  Nothing better than Prima to turn something old into something new! 

Kindergarten Memories

Prima products used are papers from the Recollections line, Athena Flowers - Skylight, one flower from The Roosevelt Collection - Edith, Sugar Blooms Collection - Moulin, a Swallowtail Butterfly, and Say it in Crystals bling.  The clear overlay with words (covering the background picture) is also from Prima - it's the packaging from some of their flower packs.
The "Memories" title, fence, gate and clock are all from Dusty Attic.  Bling swirls are from ZVA Creative. 
The metal leaf trinkets, key and lock and 'Cherish' plate were all originally silver, but i dyed them using gold alcohol ink from Ranger.

The journaling reads: "Some of my earliest, most vivid memories are from 'La Maternelle'. I was a shy and happy little girl who enjoyed learning and loved to draw (I still do). Every day my friends would ask me to draw them pictures of witches and princesses."
******
This has been an extremely lucky week for me!  I still can't quite believe it.  I've won 4 prizes just by following my favorite blogs and leaving comments and spreading a little blog love. My name was randomly picked 4 different times! I'm seriously considering buying a lottery ticket! So in short, i will be receiving ZVA Creative bling, a wonderful prize pack from Creative Scrappers, Dusty Attic chipboard from the Simply Paper blog and (i just found out today) Greeting Farm stamps!  On this Sunday, lots of blog candy, a heart full of love, blue skies overhead...  A girl couldn't ask for anything more!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Kindergarten LO, it is amazing!

    So, I found you thru the comment on my blog, Scrapbooking SOS! "the dirty old sock!" Anyway, I am so happy to find an Canadian. So, we are planning to head your way soon. Any spots I should not miss scrappin' wise?

    ReplyDelete