http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Always & Forever (DT Reveal CS#247)

I was so sad of the latest announcement from Kristine at Creative Scrappers.  As much as i'm happy for her taking a well-deserved break from the CS blog, i am disappointed that i will not get to play with CS sketches for a few months.  I am hoping that Kristine will come back in the fall with a much rested mind full of creative ideas and new sketch inspiration.  Some great news is that she is now in the process of designing her 2nd Sketch Book! Keep on checking the CS blog or her personal blog for updates!

But my time with Creative Scrappers is not over just yet!  The DT still has a few more reveals and lots of inspiration to share!

Today, i am sharing with you my layout based on Sketch #247:
Kiki has created another beautiful sketch with lots of white space, totally my style this month.

Here is my take on it:

To keep with the recurring theme of this month, my layout is all about L-O-V-E!

Another inspiration was the current challenge at Zeus & Zoe (presented by Gayle, one of their talented DT members) which is also all about love!  Since that is all i'm scrapping about this month, i couldn't help but to play along.  Besides, Gayle is offering an amazing prize including a Martha Stewart Doily paper punch!  I SOOO want one of those! :)

So, now it's time for some close-ups and a little more details on my layout...
 For those who've been following my blog for a while now, you will have seen this picture in my scrapbooking before.  I think it is my favorite picture of Yves and i.  It was during our first year of dating and we were so in love.  I knew then and there that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.  As i say often to my family and friends, i wish a Yves (but not mine! hehe) to every woman i know who are looking for Mr. Right.  He is simply amazing!

All the chipboard on this layout is from 2Crafty Chipboard., a great manufacturer from Australia that I recently discovered.  I had an amazing time distressing it with gesso and different types of inks and paints.  The pieces used are: 
Look at this chipboard dragonfly - isn't it gorgeous?  It is by far my favorite part of the layout.
I really wanted to emphasize on the 2 main colors of the layout and incorporate them on the chipboard.  I love the final result of blending from pink to brown.


And of course, flowers, flowers, and more flowers!

Thank you so much Creative Scrappers, Zeus & Zoe and 2Crafty Chipboard for the inspiration for this love-induced layout!

And to all you single ladies out there.... i wish you a Yves of your own! :)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nicole! Love all of the florals and the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout, love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is gorgeous Nicole! I love how you worked the chipboard!!!
    I know how you feel about having found Mr. Right! We are both lucky & blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOW Nicole que de superbe détails sur cette page wowow Vraiment j'adore !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is beautiful ! I love the the softness of it and the photo is fantastic, you have really created depth with it. Love the treatment of your chipboard as well. Thanks for playing along at Zeus and Zoe ( and thanks for your sweet compliments too )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Nicole.. your photo is gorgeous and I love how you altered your chippies!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ZZ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is just beautiful! <3! Thank you for playing along with us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout and photo!! I love all the distressing and beautiful details. I really enjoying all of the close up pics too. Thank you for joining the Zeus and Zoe Feb Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered chipboard is stunning!

    ReplyDelete