http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rever Mixed Media Canvas (2Crafty DT Reveal - Part 1)

You've all heard about the mixed media craze, right?
 
Well, I have gone mixed media crazy using 2Crafty Chipboard for my April DT reveal!
 

I have decided to do not 1, not 2 but 3 mixed media canvases for my 
reveal this month, the last 2 I will share with you tomorrow.

This first one was inspired by the April mood board over at Scrap Around the World
and was created as a special request from a coworker whose niece is graduating from college soon.

Take a look at this light and modern mood board, designed by SATW's Riikka Kovasin from Finland.
 I was inspired mostly by the colors which are gorgeous, the quotes (I used a quote on my canvas too), the crackled texture that made me want to add a LOT of texture on my work too, and of course, the butterfly.  All in all, this mood board just made me hopeful, just looking at it.



The quote is the french translation of the famous Walt Disney, 
meaning 'If you can dream it, you can achieve it'.  
I have used the Dainty Alphabet set to spell out the word 'rêver'.


The World Globe and Ink Set was perfect for the theme of this canvas.

 

 All the canvases shared today and tomorrow were treated the same way, but in different colours.
I started off with a thick coat of white gesso, then glued all the 
pieces on it, including all chipboard.  I then did some stenciling 
with molding paste, then let loose with different shades of silk acrylic glazes
and topped it all off with more gesso, glazes and white paint.


 Here, you can see some Giant Gears which are so versatile and perfect 
to add a grunge look to any project.
 

Come back tomorrow to see my other 2 canvases created with 2Crafty Chipboard.  If you simply cannot wait, visit the 2Crafy blog right now to see my full reveal.  Make sure to visit their store too to see all the pretty chippies that 2Crafty has to offer.  

Leave me a comment here and over there - i would really appreciate your feedback. :) 

To learn more about the challenges at Scrap Around the World, drop by their blog and play along!


10 comments:

  1. Oh! WOW, this looks amazing and I'm heading over to the website to have a look right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! Fantastic project! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! All details, textures - everything is perfect. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This canvas is so inspiring and gorgeous! Stunning piece! Thank you for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beyond awesomeness!!!! Wow!!! I'm speechless!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very lovely Nicolle! Thanks for playing at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing textures, can't stop looking! Thank you for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness gosh Nicole! this is absolutely AMAZING!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Love the quote too! Even though there is a lot of texture and layering you have kept a gorgeous light and airy feel to your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project. Makes me happy just to look at it!

    ReplyDelete