http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Island Time
(Blue Fern Studios DT Reveal 1)


Hello!  Today starts off 3 days of Blue Fern Studios shares!

My DT Reveal has gone live on the BFS blog right HERE, and this month, I am showcasing the newest Blue Fern Studios collection called Seaside Cottage!  This has turned out to be by far my favorite all-time beach-themed collection, evoking such a calm, soothing Summer feel, with its beautiful sea-inspired papers and lovely coordinating marine chipboard pieces.  Seaside Cottage is definitely a MUST-HAVE paper line to document all your Summer holiday memories which I have done this month, starting off with this single page layout.


My very favorite paper from this collection is this one called Mermaid.  I have decided to use it as background for my featuring a splendid shot of the sailing ship L'Esperance as it was in passage in our area a few years past.  The Island Time title was perfect to go along with the photo.  I created an ombre effect on the chipboard by using 3 shades of embossing powder: In the Navy, Nutmeg and Oatmeal.


I made use of many Blue Fern Studios flowers, some of which from the latest sets designed to go along with this paper line and a few from the Tranquil set.  I added a combination of blue and copper microbeads as well as splatters of different paints to give my page a mixed media touch.


Below, you can see the gorgeous Seaside Flourish and the larger lantern from the Seaside Lanterns set.


I removed the center from the navy blue Seaside Roses to replace it with a brad and decorated my flower cluster with a Whimsy Flourish covered in Oatmeal embossing powder.


Some magnificent papers and chipboard for a magnificent photo!


Come back tomorrow for some more Seaside Cottage inspiration!


Blue Fern Studios products:
Patterned papers: Seaside Cottage (Mermaid, Relics, Gala)
Chipboard: Island Time title, Seaside Flourish, Seaside Lanterns, Whimsy Flourishes
Flowers: Seaside Roses, Seaside Lilies, Tranquil Blooms
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (In the Navy, Oatmeal, Nutmeg)




No comments:

Post a Comment