http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

FRIENDS FOREVER - Mixed Media Canvas
(Scraps of Elegance DT + Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo
& Mixed Media Place June Challenges)


I had a few leftovers from the April and May Scraps of Elegance kits,
and so I thought I would use them to create this mixed media canvas!


I was inspired by the Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo June challenge 
that is all about the colour PINK.  As you can see, the main colour of my canvas
is pink, different shades of it over a soft pink background.
Despite the fact that I am not much of a girly girl and I cannot say
that pink is a favorite colour of mine in my everyday life, I do tend
to use it a lot in my scrapbooking and love all the possibilities
of creating with it, so this challenge was fairly easy for me.


I was also inspired by this nature-themed mood board
Quite obviously, I veered away from most of the colours of the images,
but I went along the nature theme by using lots of flowers
and butterflies, and of course, used many Prima and Finnabair products.



From the April SOE kit 'A Song of Spring' Elements Add-On kit,
I used the large Memory Hardware Resin 'Montchamp Imperial' Frame.
And from the May SOE kit 'Mix'd Media', I used lots of Prima flowers
including the gorgeous Haley flowers from the Floral Add-On
as well Timeless Memories Recollections Metal Trinkets also from Prima,
among many other products from the kit and its add-ons.
Click HERE to find out more about these kits and current kits.

Now let's look at some close-ups!


I started off with a 9x9 white canvas base and primed it with Gesso.
I then did some stenciling on the background with molding paste,
and then misted it in gradual tones with different shades of pink.
I also dabbed a little Art Alchemy 'Coral Reef' Acrylic Paint.


I then stuck down the frame, then chipboard, flowers, leaves, metal trinkets
and popped up the die-cut butterflies with 3D foam squares.


After all my embellishments were stuck down, I sprayed some
spray adhesive and sprinkled some primrose ice resin as well as
Finnabair Art Ingredients 'Blush' Micro Beads.  The spray adhesive is awesome 
to help all those little pieces stick to the canvas and embellishments.


As a final touch, I dabbed some white acrylic paint on pretty much
every flower and decoration and around the canvas to create a softer border.


And then you go...
a very 'pretty in pink' canvas with gorgeous Prima blooms
and loads of mixed media texture and colour!

for the inspiration as well as Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance 
kits for lots of the fabulous products used.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent work! !!! Thank you so much for playing with us at SW and the details of making the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow I'm in love thanks for playing with Scrapki and mmp this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, your layout is divine! I love every detail! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shades of pink..its a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your participation for MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mixed media canvas is stunning. Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing canvas!
    Thanks for playing with Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sensational Nicole!!! <3
    thanks for playing with us at MMP!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete