http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

AHOY! - Single Page Layout
(CSI DT - Case File #236)


I solved another Case File from CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration
and it's a m-ARRRR-velous one!


To find out more about Case File No. 236
and see lots more DT inspiration, click HERE.

Let me explain how I solved this case!

Arrr-gust is International Pirate Month so the Scene offers an adorable pirate-inspired image so I decided to celebrate pirates too with my layout featuring my friend's son looking quite dashing in a pirate costume.

The Scheme consists of these colours from the Scene:
light teal green, black, white, light warm gray and crimson.

I opted to use many elements from the Evidence list:
stripes, polka dots, gold (sequins), flag (tags), wet medium (gold mist), 
lots of nautical elements, wave shape (background patterned paper), twine,
skull/crossbone, buttons and ombre (also on the background patterned paper).

In my Testimony, which I've added on a tag hidden behind the photo, 
I journalled about how all boys dream of being pirates... the thrill of adventure, 
sailing on the beautiful vast sea and exploring for treasure!

And now let's look at some close-ups:

As soon as I saw this case file, I knew I had the perfect paper collection for it: Scrapberry's The Pirate Treasure.  This collection offers lots of gorgeous pirate themed designs and cutouts which matched perfectly my photo and went along well enough with the Scheme.  My light teal green turned more into a sky blue, but you can still see some teal in the wave design.


I found some pirate chipboard set in my stash and I added some gold sequins
to represent treasured gold coins that pirates constantly seek.


I cheated a little and added some extra colour to my page, but I found that
these gold elements from the Scrapberry's paper line were too good to not use.



Here is a sneak of my hidden journaling...


Ahoy, matey!  Little Tristan looks like a very happy pirate indeed!


Now, how will YOU solve Case File 236?

I hope I have inspired you to play along!




No comments:

Post a Comment